SHIRT FIX: V FOR VICTORY

gv12

TEST SHIRT A

To sit in front of the TV and watch a “Criminal Minds” marathon or to deconstruct and reassemble clothes can be a hard choice. I love refashioning, and I love the feeling of accomplishment when the project is complete and beautiful. But getting started is hard — sitting in front of my computer or TV is so much easier. I’m not alone with these thoughts. Shawn, a super talented refashionista at Some Assembly Required, faces these hard choices too!

gv14

SNIPPED A NEW NECKLINE

Except her binge watching involves “Law & Order: SVU.” To help her get out of her funk, she challenged herself to work on one refashion a day this week. After reading her post and sharing her same exact thoughts, I decided to join her little challenge — to work on or at least complete one refashion each day this week. I need a little kick in the pants to adjust my focus on my various projects, and I feel confident I can complete this week-long challenge.

gv15

TEST SHIRT A COMPLETE: MEH BUT NOT BAD

For the second refashion, I decided now is the time to “fix” a few of my v-neck shirts, originally men’s v-neck. I love a good v-neck, but a men’s v-neck isn’t girly or very pretty. I’m not looking to show off my assets to the whole wide world, I just want the neckline to be girly and pretty. I found a few tutorials that explained creating a new neckline was an easy process. Well, I’ll prove those tutorials wrong!  😉  I can complicate any simple tutorial.

bv56

TEST SHIRT B: IGNORE THE CAT HAIR ON THE BLACK SHIRT

I found two shirts that needed the quick fix. A test run was completed on a light green T-shirt, removing a bit of the stretchy bias (not sure if that’s the correct term) and cutting a deeper neckline. I resewed the stretchy bias to the new neckline, and the results were meh. I’m happy the method is quick and simple, but the result wasn’t super pretty. I made a few mistakes, but that’s how I like to learn and perfect the method. I was ready to tackle the second shirt.

bvkjsdf

TEST SHIRT B: MUCH BETTER.

The process was a little easier, but I stumbled across a few speed bumps. Stretching the elastic bias wasn’t as easy and smooth as I thought it would be, and waving my sharp scissors around periodically can cause a few holes. But overall, I’m happy with the new neckline — it’s girly and pretty. However, next time I find a shirt that needs a new neckline, I might create and add new elastic bias — maybe that will make the process a little smoother.

8 thoughts on “SHIRT FIX: V FOR VICTORY

  1. I’m going to have try this method myself because I have a few shirts where the neckline could be a bit bigger. Thanks!

  2. Pingback: Day 4- No Sew Wrap Dress | Some Assembly Required

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s