EDITOR’S NOTE: Compensation is received through purchases and clicks on the affiliate links on my blog and posts. For more information, please click the ABOUT ME page.
I pulled out a red long-sleeve shirt from my refashion bin. The shirt was boring and too form fitting for me. What my closet needs is more cute and casual tops for the spring and summer. During a recent trip to my favorite consignment store, I found the perfect companion item for the red shirt! For less than $1 I scored this beautiful men’s button down shirt.
What I did:
- removed a portion of the back shirt
- cut out a large rectangle portion of the men’s plaid shirt
- created a center pleat in the plaid shirt
- centered the pleat to the raw edge on the red shirt
- pinned and sewed the plaid fabric to the red shirt
- cut the plaid fabric at an angle to give the shirt a little breathing room
- pinned and sewed the sides to the red shirt
- created and sewed plaid cuffs to the sleeves
- slimmed down the sleeves
The process was simple and took a few hours (NCIS distracted me). I love love love the new shirt but I think I made it a little too big. I’ll probably fix the very minor issue later down the road. My closet is ready for another cute and casual shirt. Yay!